Woah that name is a mouth full and so are these muffins! I have some food intolerances from my ulcerative colitis, which prevents me from enjoying products that have eggs, ginger, peanuts, and now dairy. These intolerances pretty much mean I can only have baked items that are labeled as vegan. I found out my intolerances by taking the test called Pinner Test this test is a lifesaver if you find that your stomach constantly gets upset by foods, but your not sure which foods!
Vegan Berry Banana Lemon Muffins
- 1 cup of white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of oat flour (all you need to do is blend a cup of oats in your smoothie blender :))
- 1/2 cup of cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Turbinado Sugar for dusting
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ripened bananas (if banana are not ripened pop them in the oven at 350 for 25 min or until black)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest and extra for topping the muffins
- 1 cup or so of blueberries, raspberries, or chocolate chips (whatever you desire:))
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately. Then combine the wet and dry ingredients gradually.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tins or coconut oiled muffin tins.
- Top muffins with lemon zest and Turbinado sugar.
- Pop into the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes! Then enjoy!