So the reason I decided to do this recipe was because i had made sushi in my culinary class and it was SO easy and i was like dang i need to make this at home! Then i put a poll up on insta asking if you guys want the recipe and you guys replied HELL YEAH!! so here it is my peeps! prep is KEY to this recipe!! i was not good at this because i was rushing when i made it! Anyways here we go…
1 cup of Sushi Rice ( or brown rice or regular white rice)
1 1/4 cup of water
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
1 tsp of coconut sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 seaweed wraps for sushi
whatever vegetables you want or fish!
-carrots, purple cabbage, avocado, bell peppers, and cucumbers
- Put your rice in the pot you plan to cook it in or a strainer. Wash the rice 5 times or until water is fairy clean. Wash by filling pot with water and rubbing rice with your hands then pour water into sink (making sure no rice falls out) and repeat 5 times!
- Once done with washing put your rice and 1 1/4 cup of water on a stove top and let it boil and then cover and simmer for EXACTLY 15 MINUTES!
- Take pan off the heat and let rice cool with cover for 10 min or until water is absorbed.
- Put rice in a separate bowl and move around gently with a wooden spoon and push rice up against the sides and add in the vinegar, sugar and salt. Gently incorporate everything.
- Lay out plastic wrap that is bigger than your seaweed wrap and put the rice on the plastic in the size of your wrap (about 1/2 cup).
- Place seaweed wrap on top of rice then lay vegetables on the end of the wrap and fold with the plastic wrap making sure the plastic doesn’t get folded in!
- Cut into desired pieces and viola!!
Hope you guys give this recipe a try😇
Have an awesome day,